From the Desk of Dr. Adelle McKinney:
I am writing this email to you because I know that you care for and love the Philippines and the Filipino people. God has a great plan for this nation. His plan is for the Philippines to be the launching pad for the Gospel of Jesus Christ through out Asia. His plan is that the Philippines will be a "shining star" amongst Christian nations, illuminating the dark areas of the world with the light of the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
For the past 40 years, however, the Philippines has, rather, been the recipient of humiliating titles, "The most corrupt political system in Asia, " or "The bottom of the economic totem pole with only Bangladesh being lower than the Philippines." The Philippines is also noted as a country of brain drain where qualified college graduates have to emigrate to other countries and serve as nannies, housekeepers and janitors because of a lack of opportunity within their own nation. Others who are in professions that are in demand leave for lucrative paychecks overseas, not because of greed, but because of the necessity of sending dollars home to families to help them survive with record unemployment and inflation.
Every six years, the people of the Philippines and Filipino citizens overseas have the opportunity to vote for change. Yet, in the past several elections, they have voted for status quo and in some cases, they have voted for celebrities who's economic and political abilities are as imaginary as the people they portray on the silver screen.
Every election people are bribed, and coerced and sometimes cheated into voting for someone, not because of conviction, but because financial desperation. They give away their vote and birthright in return for one meal, one bowl of porridge, throwing their future away to the dust for another six years.
THIS YEAR, 2010 MUST BE DIFFERENT.
THIS YEAR, 2010 THERE IS A MAN AND A TEAM OF MEN AND WOMEN RUNNING WHO HAVE NO MONEY TO GIVE ONE CENTAVO TO BUY A VOTE.
THIS YEAR, 2010, THERE IS A TEAM BANGON PILIPINAS, WHO ARE SACRIFICING THEIR LUCRETIVE CAREERS TO OFFER THEIR LIVES IN SERVICE FOR THEIR COUNTRY BECAUSE THEY SHARE THE VISION OF THEIR CANDIDATE, DR. EDUARDO 'EDDIE' VILLANUEVA -- THAT IT IS POSSIBLE TO CHANGE THE HEART OF THE NATION, AND BRING PROSPERITY AND INTEGRITY BACK TO A COUNTRY THROUGH RIGHTEOUSNESS AND GODLY THINKING.
"When the righteous rule, the people rejoice, when the wicked rule, the people groan." Proverbs 29:2
The true born again church of God will see this opportunity and seize it to bring into office a team of men and women who are sold out to God and sold out to effect positive change and reformation to this nation that is now filled with graft and corruption.
In the early days of the United States, men and women were all on the same page. They believed in divine providence, the creator and Jesus Christ as King. There was no need for a voice crying in the wilderness to effect change and bring in the truths of freedom and liberty because as Bible believing citizens, they all knew that true liberty comes from a relationship with Jesus Christ.
Today, in the 21st Century that paradigm of thought is slowing fading away as humanism and secularism invades even the most God fearing nation, the United States of America. Because of persecution in the public arena, the church, the true body of believers is beginning to arise again - to take their place in public life. They are discarding the old ideas of the past 200 years when the clergy retired to classrooms to establish great universities of learning such as Harvard, Princeton, Rutgers, Brown, Columbia for the purpose of training men and women for Christian ministry and left governance to public servants. The church focused on building colleges, schools and hospitals and they neglected public life, the political scene, governmental service. There was an unspoken criticism of those who would seek political office rather than that of the mighty pulpit. Little did we without some of the world's great voices in the pulpit, George Fox, John Knox, Whitfield, Finney, Luther, etc. we would have become a nation of the lawless instead of a nation of laws.
But because the church neglected the public arena of politics, the result has been rules, laws and regulations passed by people who were not spiritual or righteous. Now those laws are now negatively impacting life of people in the church.
WAKE UP CHRISTIANS.
Christians in all walks of life in the Philippines, men and women of righteousness and godly living have the opportunity to transform this nation into not only a nation of happy people, which filipinos are; but a nation that is prosperous and thriving.
This cannot be accomplished unless Christians and good people see the vision of national transformation. And it will begin at the ballot box on May 10, 2010. You will vote for the STATUS QUO or you will vote for NATION TRANSFORMATION.
There is only ONE MAN and ONE TEAM who are running in this election that can accomplish this great task: Dr. Eddie Villanueva for President; Pefecto "Yun" Yasay, Jr. for Vice President plus the senatorial candidates of Bangon Pilipinas.
I have known Dr. Eddie Villanueva on a personal basis since 1979. Bro. Eddie was a college professor teaching political science and economics and his wife Adoracion, was a public school educator. Bro. Eddie was not teaching the words of Jesus in his early days of activism, but he was teaching from the little red book of Mao Tse-Tung. Why? Because he was a devoted follower of that philosophy? Wrong! It was because he saw the plight of the people in the Philippines and he believed the only way to right the wrong was to throw out the oppressors by a democratic national revolution. But during that time, he suffered imprisonment and financial disaster. Then his older sister, Leonor Buan wrote to him a simple letter, "Eddie, you need to repent and receive Jesus Christ as your Lord and for only God can help you."
At the lowest point in his life, he received Jesus Christ and suddenly perhaps not over night but after a series of events, he surrender his life and ambition to the work of the ministry.
After 30 years, building not only a great international non-profit organization, but being a spiritual ambassador representing the Philippines, to other nations, tongues and creeds, the Lord has put this burden back into his heart for the transformation of the nation.
He has never, ever, given up this hope that someday the Philippines will be once again the "PEARL" of the orient and the launching pad for the Gospel throughout Asia and the World.
He has never, ever, given up this hope that someday, young men and women will not have to go overseas to earn a decent living but people from all over the world will want to come to the Philippines because this nations is a land of opportunity and prosperity.
Who else has this kind of agenda and heart for the nation? Career politicians?
Government bureaucrats? Drama kings and queens?
Dr. Mila Mercader, is my dear friend. And she believes as I do, FOR SUCH A TIME AS THIS.
If you allow this defining moment in the history of the Philippines to pass without your involvement, without your endorsement, without your support of godly righteous leadership, you will have to continue to suffer the consequences as just as we are suffering here in America because THE CHURCH DIDN'T CARE ENOUGH TO GET INVOLVED.
They took prayer out of the schools. They are trying to take "in God we Trust, " away from our money and as our nation's motto. They are trying to take away "one nation under God." Some are asking we change the words of our national anthem, "God shed His grace on thee." They took Christmas out of Christmas and Easter out of Easter. They took the crosses down and replaced them with sports, business and entertainment icons.
WHY? BECAUSE THE CHURCH WAS DIVIDED AND DIDN'T CARE ENOUGH TO UNITE FOR A CAUSE GREATER THAN THEMSELVES AND GET INVOLVED.
THIS IS YOUR OPPORTUNITY TO STAND FOR SOMETHING THAT IS BIGGER THAN YOURSELF.
THIS IS THE OPPORTUNITY OF A GENERATION TO SUPPORT SOMEONE WHO IS WILLING TO SACRIFICE ALL FOR THE SAKE OF HIS COUNTRY. HE IS ENDURING MANY CRITICISMS FROM FELLOW BELIEVERS BECAUSE OF THE JOURNEY GOD HAS ASKED HIM TO TAKE.
THIS MAN BROTHER EDDIE VILLANUEVA IS A MAN AFTER GOD'S OWN HEART.
THIS IS WHAT HE BELIEVES FOR THE NATION OF THE PHILIPPINES.
I Believe in the Filipino, Believe in the Future of the Philippines
By Bro. Eddie C. Villanueva
1. The Philippines is one of the most endowed nations in the world in terms of a) natural resources, b) skillful, versatile people, c) heroic past and glorious future.
2. Unless we unite and work as a team, it will be difficult to achieve the country’s glorious future: “destiny is not a matter of chance, it is a matter of choice. It is not a thing to be waited for; it is a thing to be achieved.”We are a most blessed nation: “naturally endowed”
3. The Philippines is one of the top producers of gold, copper, nickel. Singapore and Japan both import these critical mineral resources.
4. We produce a variety of energy sources including hydroelectric, geothermal, wind, natural gas, etc.
5. We are bigger in land area than Singapore, one of the wealthiest nations; almost as big as Malaysia and Thailand, new powerhouses in Asia.
6. We are one of the most populous countries in both Asia and the world. This means that with the proper use of our natural resources, we have one of the biggest markets in the world to sustain our domestic demand and economic growth.
7. If we are so richfully endowed, there is no reason why we should not be a progressive nation…We have one of the most talented people in the world: the Pinoy phenomenon
8. Pinoys are known to be a most fractious, disunited people; Pinoys are synonymous to crabs: we have this interesting propensity to pull each other down. But throw the Pinoys in the water and they will swim. Send them out to Asia and they can speak the languages of the Japanese, Koreans, Malaysians, etc. Send them out to the Middle East and they can adapt to the ways of the desert. Send them to North America and in no time at all, they speak more American than the Gringos themselves. And they can work as a team, winning the admiration of people all over the world.
9. The Pinoys are one of the most talented people in the world. You ask them to learn how to operate a big machine, a small gadget and they can do it without even reading the manual. Who are one of the most respected bankers in the world? Accountants? Treasurers? Physicians? Nurses? Physical therapists? Teachers? Nannies? Tutors? No one but the Filipinos themselves who will brave wars and pandemics just to get employed and you can expect their loyalties will endure. And who will ever forget Leah Salonga? Monique Wilson? Cecil Licad? Freddie Aguilar? Gary Valenciano? Paeng Nepomoceno? Manny Pacquiao? The Filipinos have become global citizens. Indeed, Filipinos mustered the courage to lose sight of their native shore and that is one of the reasons why they were able to discover new oceans to master!
10. The Pinoys are also known for their hard work. They have internalized that unless one tries to do something beyond what he knows and grasps, he will never grow. Efren “Bata” Reyes did not only master the billiard balls. He also made them fly. Eugene Torre did not just excel in the Philippines; he was Asia’s first chess grandmaster. Charise Pimfengco did not just awe Celine Dion and Andrea Bocelli, she awed the whole world with her powerful voice that reached to the heavens!The Pinoys have inherited a heroic past and face a glorious future
11. Yes, the Pinoys were born of struggles and much heroism. We will recall that the Philippines was the first independent republic in Asia. We gained independence from Spain close to the turn of the previous century. We were in fact ahead by half a century of Malaysia, Singapore and Indonesia’s emancipation from foreign colonialism. For we produced the Trece Martires and the GomBurZa; Rizal and Bonifacio; the propagandist del Pilar and the two del Pilar generals; Mabini and Aguinaldo. We possessed both the genius of our mind and the courage of our arms. These led to our national deliverance. Peace was bought with the sweat and blood of our heroes.
12. Our heroism and fighting spirit did not cease during the American and Japanese periods. We fought in the battlefields, we fought in the hills and we fought in the wilderness. While we struggle for freedom, we continued to sharpen the boldness of our pens and brush. The masterpieces of the novel, Noli Me Tangere and El Filibusterismo were produced; the Decalogue of Mabini inspired a whole generation of freedom fighters; La Spoliarium and the Virgin Christians of Rome won top prizes in European painting competitions. There is no limit to a talented spirit, indeed. The Pinoys are a talented people; there should be no limit to the imagination and capacity to us as a people. We should have a very glorious people with a glorious future.
13. Unfortunately, this does not seem to be happening.
14. The Philippine economy, while being resilient during this crisis, remains partially tapped. We can grow faster but we are not. The state of the country’s income distribution needs to be more equitably addressed. Our politics is one of politics of money and guns. Our culture seems to have deteriorated to the extent that someone characterized it as damaged. In short, we do seem to be always in the threshold of greatness—there are some of us who have demonstrated such a capacity to be great—but we are not quite inside such a threshold. What needs to be done?What indeed needs to be done?
15. Ladies and gentlemen, friends and fellow Filipinos, let me offer you a roadmap to a glorious future.16. This roadmap consists of 7 points,
7 points to the future.
POINT #1 -. First, we need to emancipate our minds and our spirit. We need to teach our young men and women our heroic past and our good fortune as a nation so much endowed with rich natural resources and talented people. We need to realize we have what it takes to be great.
POINT #2 - Second, we need to empower our people. Let’s allow them the freedom to choose their leaders without the threat of reprisal and revenge. Our people should have the access to power, justice, medical care, jobs. Unless they feel they are a part of the body politic, they will never buy in. Dedicated desks shall be established to receive public complaints and act on them.
POINT #3 - Third, we need to educate our people—educate them more in sciences and technology, engineering and the arts. We need to overhaul the curriculum, clean up the run of the mill schools and universities. We need to provide basic nutrition and feeding program so we teach our kids with full stomach.
POINT #4 - Fourth, we need to energize our economy—good economic public policy: progressive taxation and trade policies. We shall develop our agriculture and industries. We shall integrate our road system with our airports and seaports and the railways. We shall relocate the millions of illegal occupants from the cities to the countrysides close to new areas of development and in turn, these vacated prime lots shall be developed with both domestic and foreign private partners. We shall aim to develop a very robust economy which will allow us to bring back our overseas workers so they will harness their skills for national development.
POINT #5 - Fifth, we need to elevate the standard and quality of life of our people. With a robust economy and consciously civic society, public funds shall be made available to improve the delivery of public services: public hospitals shall be modernized to provide both basic and tertiary medical care. There will be complete zoning and environmental care. We will light up our streets, our highways and expressways. We will reclaim our esteros, we will clean up the Pasig River and establish walkways and board walks. Public parks shall once again be for the people.
POINT #6 - Sixth, we need to eradicate bad governance. Let us not forget that sin is a reproach to any nation. Bad governance is the worst tribute one public servant can leave behind. We shall therefore establish dedicated courts so we can immediately deal with stolen wealth, tax evasion and avoidance. We shall have attrition principle in many public agencies: there will be great adjustment in public compensation but once an offender is caught embezzling public funds, there will be equally great penalty. Justice shall be dispensed for all.
POINT # 7 - And seventh, we shall establish peace in the land. We will talk softly, but we will carry a big stick. We will reach out to our Muslim brothers and left-leaning brothers to offer them peace in the non-negotiable framework of one Republic of the Philippines. We will modernize and strengthen our air force, navy and the army as well as the national police. With the National Government leading by example in righteous and moral governance, we shall win the respect of the league of nations and reclaim what we lost in the last thirty years.I Believe in the Filipinos and their future! In pursuing this roadmap, we shall be guided by the timeless principle that we shall be whatever we are at any point: if we are the anvil, we shall bear the burden. If we are the hammer, we shall strike. We will never quit. For a man is not finished when he is defeated. We were defeated six years ago, but we shall be finished only when we decide to quit now.
PLEASE PRAY FOR AN SUPPORT THE BANGON PILIPINAS PRESIDENTIAL SLATE IN THE UPCOMING ELECTION FOR THEY ARE CALLED TO SERVE FOR SUCH A TIME AS THIS!
Dr. Adelle McKinney
VP Magnetrain Worldwide Group
CEO AM Financial Network
Trayvon vs Zimmerman
4 years ago